Saturday, December 1, 2007

It's raining, it's pouring...

My first blog...

It's Saturday afternoon and it has been raining pretty much non-stop since yesterday morning in my neck of the woods. The constant rain is the only reason I have finally created this blog, I just can't bring myself to go out and accomplish anything.

I know people usually post pictures along with their blogs but I am not that adept at this whole blog thing yet. If I was that tech savvy I would insert a picture of myself here. The caption would be something like: Me, on the couch and in my PJ's (at 3:00 in the afternoon) blogging on the laptop.

Be glad I spared you the picture, it would not be pretty.

So, the weather is making me lazy and a little bit out of sorts. This is particularly worrisome considering Ben and I will be relocating to Portland in just a few short months. Let's hope the rain doesn't have the same affect on me there!

I guess I had better get motivated but more exciting news and updates to follow (and probably pictures as well)!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

how fun that you have a blog!! But how not fun that you are moving far far away!! Wow is it for a job or what? Anyway we should try to see each other before you go! We'll keep in good touch with our blogs though! I'll give you a call soon! Melinda

Jenny said...

I promise I am not stalking you...officially. I found your blog from another blog of someone I don't even know. Don't judge, my child is asleep and my husband is in the other room preparing a presentation, and like you I am trying to wean myself from the t.v. So instead I am blogging, does that make me more of a loser?

Anonymous said...

I love that you have a blog!!

Be careful--it starts as a kind of fun, lighthearted diversion. Pretty soon you're checking it four or five times a day, lurking--I mean reading your favorite partners in crime in blogger land, and feeling guilty because you can't think of anything witty or interesting to post after the first three installments of said blog. Then all of a sudden it becomes something you have to "do". Like, "Damn, I started this freaking blog and I'm sure as hell going to finish it." Some kind of pioneer work ethic thingee kicks in, but the problem is...there is no end to a blog. So it just goes on into infinity, becoming a constant reminder of one more thing you have to do.

Just kidding (kind of:). I am sooooo happy that you have a blog so I can hear about the adventures of my favorite Arizona peeps: you, Ben, Wallace, and Beatrice. Can't wait to see you in January and to start our cult--I mean village:)--in spring '09.

Love ya!