Sunday, May 4, 2008

Touristy Me



That's right people, two posts in one day, soak it in.

This weekend I got to spend some time being a tourist. Things have been pretty busy and we unfortunately have not been able to get out and see much of Portland.

This weekend though, Ben is on his annual Cinco De Mayo trip to Rocky Point with the boys and in a totally sweet twist of fate I had my first visitors. My good friend Stacey rolled into town the day Ben left with her hubby and beyond adorable baby in tow. I was so excited to have visitors; mostly because I miss my friends so much it hurts but also because I hate to be home alone at night. Not only did their visit provide me with some much needed company, a taste of home and a lot of laughter with good friends but it also meant I didn't have to stay alone the whole time Ben was gone (and I got to do some sightseeing). Yeah! Well, yeah for me anyway. I think Stacey's husband Kris may have regretted inviting me along. Anyone who knows Stacey and I know that when together we are unstoppable. We find ourselves to be quite hilarious but for some reason that we cannot begin to fathom, no one else finds us particularly funny. It's very strange. The only thing that could have made our jokes even funnier would have been if Cupcake (a.k.a. Carrie) had been along. She completes us and our jokes in a way no one else can.



We took a scenic drive through the Columbia River Gorge and stopped to wander around whenever something looked interesting (and thankfully Kris refrained from leaving us behind on any of those stops). We hit Multnomah Falls (the picture above) and I cannot believe that such a gorgeous place is only a 30-40 minute drive from me and that I don't go there all the time. (Again, my photography is pretty crappy). Along the scenic route are a few different falls and I can't wait to get out there with Ben and the dogs and go exploring.

We also made a stop at what is quickly becoming one of my favorite places in Portland, The Pittock Mansion , surrounded by Forest Park , with gorgeous views of Portland I am looking forward to another nice weekend so I can hike up there with lunch and my book. I can't wait to lay on the grass in the sun and read all day. If you are looking for me on the next sunny Saturday, the Pittock Mansion lawn is where you will find me.

3 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

no other words to describe how i feel except: JEALOUS. utterly jealous. i need to get out there asap to see.

Debby de Carlo said...

I hope we get to Horsetail Falls when I get the all clear from my doc. About 1/4 mile past the falls is where we tossed my mom's ashes, and also Simon's ashes (Jess and Chris dog). I like to go there at least once a year.
Debby

dani-pack said...

i'm responding to both posts with this comment.

regarding your first post. the house is completely adorable. i'm so excited and happy for you. the lawn and foliage look lovely, although for me anything that's green looks beautiful because i'm from AZ. the house numbers are fantastic. but i can't wait to see the porch. you might want to think about before and after shots. they are great because if your upgrades aren't monumental, it will make all of your hard work visible. as if i've ever done before and after shots of anything, really.
as far as those falls.....gorgeous. duh. i want to teleport there now. i can't believe we have to wait two months to get there.

anyway, enough of my opinions. the people who commented above me know how to comment. short and sweet.