Monday, June 30, 2008

What We've Been Up To...

As bloggers go, I'm horrible. I blame work, I've been working longer hours and since I lost my carpool buddy I've been MAXing to work. I like riding the MAX, it makes me feel environmentally responsible but the commute takes about and hour and 15 minutes one way. So basically I work 10 hours, commute for 3 and by the time I get home I have just enough time to pick up the house, take a walk or hit a yoga class with Ben, eat and go to bed. I have to be up at 4:30 in order to catch the train at 5:30. I know, a lame excuse but it's true. Though Ben would probably tell you it's because I spend all my spare time looking at wedding stuff. This is also true.

So, in order to update the friends and fam, here are some random pictures of what we've been doing lately...


Enjoying a visit from my BFF.









Trips to the Dancing Bare, just in case the name isn't clear enough the sign spells it out for you, a dancing bear, x'ed out and then a picture of a naked lady. This sign cracks me up. It's right around the corner from our house and is a great landmark when people ask where we live, everyone knows the Dancing Bare. Carrie couldn't leave without a t-shirt from this NoPo institution.

Finding the coolest apartment in Portland in the coolest house in Portland for MFBD's. We are anxiously awaiting their arrival on July 29th. We are so excited, it feels like Christmas!








Planning a wedding, at the Historic Kenton Firehouse, June 13th, 2009. Mark your calendars.







Ben and I after finishing the Portland Sunday Parkways bike ride last weekend. A six mile loop through many of NoPo's neighborhood parks. We went with the Thompkes and friends. I love that our neighborhood has a community bike ride on Sunday, this is my idea of church.

4 comments:

dani-pack said...

i love these pictures!

you think you're a bad blogger? i don't even know the last time i blogged. i really want to set it up so my family can see the updates and everything for the move.

um, the firehouse is so awesome. i can't wait. the date is set and i am going to be there with bells on!

we can't wait to get there. it's ridiculous. we both can't figure out what to do with ourselves on a daily basis because we're kind of just biding our time. it sucks!

we love you. don't work too hard!

Melinda said...

I'm glad you have visitors! Congrats on the wedding date! That's exciting!

Jenny said...

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! That's so exciting.

And is the Carrie Gonzales that I see in that photo or to my eyes betray me?

G Dawg said...

I am loving the P -Town updates! Libby looks like nuttin but a good time! I wanna take her for a spin... and as for the Dancing Bare, I wanna see more of it. What's it like on da inside? : 0 )