Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oh shit, I'm the antichrist?!

Yep, Erin the antichrist and yes I am once again upset by an e-mail received from my grandparents. So, here we go...


First, I cannot believe that in this enlightened day and age someone would actually insinuate that Barack Obama is the antichrist. Secondly, the e-mail you forwarded below states that the Book of Revelations says that the antichrist will be a man, in his 40's of Muslim descent. Actually it is the Book of Revelation, not Revelations (let's at least get the name right). It also makes no reference to the antichrist being a man, in his 40's or of Muslim descent. The Book of Revelation was actually completed before the religion of Islam came into existence. It therefore would be quite difficult for it to reference a Muslim. Even if it did, it would be quite difficult to construe it as a reference to Barack Obama as he is not a Muslim but rather a Christian.

What the Book of Revelation does say is this: For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

So by this biblical definition; your own granddaughter (that's me!) is actually the antichrist as is her soon to be husband, one of your grandsons, my future sister and brother in law and many of my best friends. However based on the definition of antichrist from the Bible, who cannot be the antichrist? Barack Obama: because he has accepted Jesus Christ as his savior.

I am increasingly frightened by the irrationality of people. That aside one thing I absolutely will not tolerate is hate mail in my inbox. It will not go unresponded to and it will not be accepted by me. I won't just delete it without a reponse because it must be stopped. The e-mail below is racist, it's fear mongering. It's unresearched and a blatant lie and it was clearly written to incite hatred.

You would exploit your religion because you don't like a presidential candidate, here's some advice... Just vote for the other guy.

The e-mail author asks, Have the American people lost their minds? I second that but for me it's not a question, when Americans are sending this type of e-mail without first doing research I am terrified, I believe we are at the edge of reason. The author also asks us to reflect on actual historical events the first of which is the assassination of Bobby Kennedy by a Muslim extremist. I assure you if Bobby Kennedy were alive today he would find this e-mail deplorable, despicable.

So yes, let's reflect on the words of Bobby Kennedy, "A revolution is coming — a revolution which will be peaceful if we are wise enough; compassionate if we care enough; successful if we are fortunate enough — But a revolution which is coming whether we will it or not. We can affect its character; we cannot alter its inevitability."

If disagreeing with this e-mail lumps me in with stupid Federal Justices as the author of the e-mail states. Well then: I'm with stupid.

**Let me know if you want to see the actual e-mail I received, I couldn't bring myself to post it here, I'm sure it's been distributed enough as it is.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'd love to read the letter!

On that note I'm really not a fan of Obama. That being said I'm not a fan of McCain either.

You know what, it's all kind of messed up. It's not like either of these candidates is perfect. And it's hard to know what to believe considering the state the media is in. As if they really report the "truth", and I'm not so sure there is a "truth" when it comes to politics. People say whatever it takes to get elected and you really have to sort through all the crap out there to have any idea what's going on at all.

P.S. Although it seems you do fit the criteria for being an anti-christ I don't think it's really You.