Wednesday, January 23, 2008

MLK Day

A little late but it seems like the holiday passed with barely a mention. I didn't see anything on the news, most people had to work. Arizona was one of the last states to recognize Martin Luther King day and did so only after the NFL boycotted Tempe as a location for the super bowl. It all boils down to consumerism but at least we finally recognize an incredible man with an honor that is well deserved.

I stole this video from Lex but I know she won't mind. As always I find Barack to be incredibly honest and passionate.



I posted Kings famous "I Have A Dream Speech" below but I also think his anti-war speeches are very relevant today. See them on youtube.




If you have a little free time, watch both videos above and hopefully find some inspiration in them.


On April 4th, 1968 our country truly lost a King.

1 comment:

Debby de Carlo said...

Thanks for posting these. Oprah had a wonderful program about MLK, and changes that came about because of his leadership. I cried. You can buy a DVD of the show at www.oprah.com.
Debby