Sunday, September 28, 2008

Live Blogging the Debate

I didn't actually live blog the debate but I wanted to, my intentions were good. We ended up instead heading over to L&D's for pizza, champagne (we're classy) and debate. We love their comfy, squishy, never want to get up couch and big screen TV.

I just need to mention here that we have the coolest dorky friends on the planet. Not only were they as excited to watch the debate as we were but L actually put together debate bingo cards. Sheer genius!

With little gems like - a candidate uses main street & wall street in the same sentence- or -McCain makes a joke that only he laughs at (happened twice just for the record). It was a ridiculous amount of fun.

With the debate winding down I found myself in need of only a POW reference from John McCain in order to get a double bingo. Two minutes left and I was beginning to lose hope, I should have known John wouldn't let me down. It was tense there for a while.

Debate season is my version of sports enthusiasm. I yell and throw things at the TV, it makes me happy and angry all at the same time.

Next week I have every intention of live blogging the VP debate which I'm so excited for I can barely sleep at night. Sarah Paling, debating? I literally get butterflies in my stomach and a tightness in my chest just thinking about it. It's feels like my birthday, a vacation and Christmas all rolled up into a little package.

Anyway, I'm aiming for live blogging but the temptation of VP debate drinking games, pizza & champagne, the comfy couch and the big screen may be too much for me to resist.

Anyone up for shots every time Sarah Palin says "small town values"?

No comments: