Monday, February 18, 2008

If you need a reason not to eat meat...

I haven't eaten meat since January 3rd, until last night. Our neighbor Phil threw us a going away barbeque and he smoked a turkey. I wasn't even hungry but gave in and had some of the turkey anyway. As if I wasn't feeling guilty enough, I woke up to this mornings news. A 143 million pound beef recall, the largest in US history.



I've been preparing for the move to Portland by trying to get out of the habit of eating meat. We will be living with Ben's family for a short time and they are vegan. I am excited for the healthier diet but wanted to wean myself off meat before our arrival. (I'm still working on dairy which I am finding considerably harder to give up.)



I guess if I ever needed a reason not to eat meat this would be it, or one of them anyway.



Warning: This vidow contains graphic images!







I can honestly say I will not be eating beef again. I keep imagining the pain those poor animals are experiencing. The video makes me cry.

No comments: