Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday

It's Super Tuesday. I cast my vote today, did you? If you did, let me know if you had any exciting adventures or overheard anything funny. I did hear the election workers saying they had never been that busy on an election day before.

I was also surprised to see campaign signs on the lawn of my polling place today. While I was sure this was not allowed I did ask the poll worker inside. She grumpily informed me that as long as the signs are not within 75 feet of the door it's allowed. I got the feeling maybe she had put them there. :)

Still, it seems like electioneering too close to a polling place to me.

If you haven't voted yet, there is still time, GO VOTE!
(If there is a primary or caucus in your state today)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought of you many times today--knowing how pumped you for the election. Happy voting!

Melinda said...

Hey it is really cool to see your love of voting and how passionate you are about it! Yes that picture is in front of our house. It is our lilac bushes that lead up to our sidewalk. Come see the snow yourself but hurry it won't be here too much longer. We do live in AZ and it melts. When are you leaving? Melinda~

dani-pack said...

ok, erin. fine. i did it. i put the posters up at 1:30am monday night. and yes, i did measure the distance. if you check, the wooden stakes should be 75.25' away from the door. and remember, i'm anti-life.