Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

My birthday was last weekend, the 8th to be exact. (Don't worry if you missed it, I don't hold grudges)

Anyway it turned out to be an awesome weekend. Ben took me out to dinner on Saturday night. We went to an awesome little place in the Mississippi Arts district called Equinox where I proceeded to get so full and so drunk that I couldn't sleep that night. That's how you do it when it's your birthday. The food was fabulous. We were excited to have a quiet night out just the two of us.

Ben got me a much needed digital camera. Ours has been on the fritz for a while, sometimes it works but mostly it doesn't. It's an adorable, tiny little brown camera. Brown being my color of choice for all things these days. Bless him for knowing that.

On Sunday night we had dinner with the commune (Jess, Chris and Akeke). Chris made the most amazing vegan chocolate cake. We were all so excited to eat it that I forgot to take a picture with my snazzy new camera. Damn! I did take a picture of the awesome shoes they bought me for my b-day and as soon as I get them uploaded I'll post them. I know you are all going to be checking back regularly now, right?

Anyway, all is going well in Portland. More storie and pictures coming soon.

**Wow, I say awesome a lot. Note to self: Find a synonym for awesome.

3 comments:

drmcgehee said...

Glad you had such an "awesome" bday! Wish I could have been there. Love Mom

dani-pack said...

Main Entry: awesome
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: amazing
Synonyms: alarming, astonishing, awe-inspiring, awful, beautiful, breathtaking, daunting, dreadful, exalted, far out, fearful, fearsome, formidable, frantic, frightening, grand, hairy*, horrible, horrifying, imposing, impressive, intimidating, magnificent, majestic, mind-blowing*, moving, nervous, overwhelming, shocking, striking, stunning, stupefying, terrible, terrifying, wonderful, wondrous, zero cool*
Antonyms: blah, bush league, ho-hum, lame, ordinary, trivial, unexciting, unimpressive
Source: Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.3.1)
Copyright © 2008 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.
* = informal or slang

Erin said...

Thanks for the suggestions Dani! Far out it is.