Monday, March 3, 2008

The hunt...




The job hunt is in full force. I spent the entire day from 9:00-3:30 applying for jobs, writing cover letters. I don't understand why people aren't lining up to hire me, I'm awesome.

These Portland applications are hardcore. I'm talking essay questions and lots of them. I cannot ever remember having to answer a "supplemental questionnaire" when applying for a job but it was required on all 3 positions I applied for today. This means it took 2 hours just to get an application completed for one job.

The tricky part is they don't tell you the word maximum for your answers until after you have written them and tried to submit. Only then do I find out that I am 200 characters over the limit.

I cannot express to you how awesome my answers were and then I had to cut them down 50 words. These people don't know what they're missing. Those answers would have rocked their world.

The joys of unemployment.

5 comments:

dani-pack said...

I think they just know how awesome you are and can't handle it. That's why they tell you after the fact that you have gone over your word limit. Their server does an "awesome scan" and if you're super-awesome it limits your answer, kind of as a filter, because the people who read it will explode if the responses are too awesome. Don't worry, you'll get a job. It's good that they're that selective. That way, when you do get a job you'll only be working with equally awesome people.

Melinda said...

I can't believe how hard it is to get a job! You are awesome though and someone would be lucky to get you! Good Luck!! Hope you are enjoying Portland!! Melinda~

Jenny said...

Unemployment is the worst, I went through it when I moved to the big apple two years ago. All I can say it get yourself to an employment agency! They do all the hard work for you, all you have to do is show up and accept the job offers when they come rolling in!

drmcgehee said...

I am happy to see at your self esteem is still intact. I beleve that your old motto was "If I wasn't me, I would want to be me!"
Love ya, Mom

Debby de Carlo said...

You can always get a job as a chef. Thanks for the yummy dinner. Nonna