Thursday, March 27, 2008

Portland Erin Hearts Trees



SUBTITLED: PORTLAND ME.
For some reason everyone in the house (except Chris who calls me FGOTS but that's a whole other story) has taken to calling me Portland Erin; same goes for Ben, he is now Portland Ben. We even call each other by this nickname. This especially applies when one of us does something different or out of the ordinary, some examples...

"Portland Erin smells like rosemary."

This one from Jess while we were weeding the area around the overgrown rosemary bush in the garden. Arizona Erin doesn't weed.

The Garden



"Portland Erin is a slug lover."

This little nugget was also from Jess after I touched a slug on the same weeding adventure mentioned above. As if touching a slug wasn't disgusting enough on it's own Jess than picked it up with a leaf and chased me around the yard with it. It feels a little like living with my brothers all over again.

Slugs are not a common occurence in Arizona, I saw only one when I was little and was absolutely repulsed by it. This has not changed. As kids we poured salt on the slug and watched it shrivel and die (kids are mean). The first thing I said to Jess once she had dropped the slug was, "go get the salt." I resisted the urge though because hey, slugs have feelings too.


"Portland Erin gets all the jobs."
Yep, that's right. Three job offers in 2 days. Just in case anyone doubted my awesomeness, Portland Erin rocks! I think I have made a final decision on which I am accepting so I should be joining the ranks of the employed on Monday. Woo hoo!


There was going to be a point to this whole blog but Portland Erin has the stomach flu, is tired and can't remember why she started this blog. Plus it's cold (it snowed here today) and I'm going to take a nap.

**The above picture was photographed by Portland Erin on a hike in Forest Park last week. Portland Erin hearts trees. And now this post is at its end, I promise to no longer refer to my self as Portland erin (or in the 3rd person).

2 comments:

Guitar Ben said...

Portland Ben Smells like musk?

I happen to remember you saying Portland Ben was way better smelling than Scottsdale Ben. There was no mention of Musk. Just saying.

dani-pack said...

musky ben? perhaps a tad more information than the normal person would appreciate, but lex and i? not enough information, we say. kidding. seriously.

i'm glad you two are becoming your portland selves, and that your three portland guides are giving you the full treatment. don't be afraid of slugs, think of them as snails without a shell, or if that's still disgusting, think of them as aliens sent to earth to slowly, and slimily, creep into your belly button at night. all in the name of alien science.
we meant to call you last night after dinner, and the night before, but things keep becoming distracting.
call us whenever you want! we miss you!